After the success of the gluten free banana muffins, I wanted to try adding peanut butter to them. I also wanted to make them a little bit healthier, so I replaced the butter and applesauce with peanut butter. You really can’t go wrong with banana and peanut butter; it’s a pretty spectacular combination. They turned out really well, and I eventually want to try making these with jackfruit and brown rice flour too.
GLUTEN FREE BANANA MUFFINS (12 medium)
- ¾ cup rice flour
- 3/8 tsp. xanthan gum
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 280g ripe banana (about 2 medium bananas)
- 48 g (3 tbsp.) peanut butter
- 1.5 tsp. vanilla
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375F, and line a muffin tray.
- In a bowl, sift together flour, xanthan gum, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Mash bananas in a mixing bowl until puree-like. Add peanut butter, vanilla, and sugar and mix at low speed until combined.
- Add flour mixture to banana mixture, and mix at low speed until combined.*
- Bake for 13 -18 minutes depending on liner size, rotating tray halfway through. Toothpick should come out clean.
*Since these are gluten free, you don’t need to worry as much about overmixing them.