I got to go to Ireland over spring break to visit my sister! I missed St. Patrick’s day by 2 days, but things were ramping up for the weekend. The people she was staying with were absolutely lovely and let me use their kitchen to some baking! I was lacking a lot of my supplies so I tried to stick to things that didn’t require too much precision. I made these healthy peanut butter cookies that I made a few weeks ago and they turned out excellent. It’s one of those recipes that you can just add however much seems right and they turn out well. After that, I made some Baileys truffles; they are super easy and taste like Baileys and chocolate. Can’t really go wrong!
- ½ cup whipping cream
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 280 g chocolate
- ½ cup Baileys
- Cut/break the chocolate into small pieces in a large plastic bowl.
- Bring the whipping cream and butter to a boil over low-medium heat in a saucepan, while stirring
- When the cream mixture starts to boil, pour it over the chocolate and mix thoroughly until the chocolate is fully melted and smooth
- Add the Baileys to the chocolate mixture and stir in until smooth
- Refrigerate the mixture for several hours/overnight until you can take spoonfuls and roll them into balls
- After rolling, cover the balls in sprinkles (I just pour sprinkles into a bowl and roll them around) and refrigerate