There is about a week in between our pastry courses, and we really don’t get to bake together all that frequently, so we planned to tackle a couple other baking projects. Roopa recently got a mini-doughnut pan so this was the perfect opportunity to try it out!
They are so cute!!!!!!
VANILLA MINI DOUGHNUTS (makes 15)
- 1 cup cake flour, sifted
- 3/8 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 90 mL buttermilk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 egg
- 15 g unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 425F, and grease a mini doughnut pan with shortening.
- Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Add buttermilk, vanilla, egg, and butter, and mix until just combined.
- Using a piping bag, fill each cavity ½ – 2/3 full.
- Bake for ~5 minutes until the tops spring back.
- ½ cup icing sugar
- ½ tbsp. cream or milk
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 drop gel food colouring
- Whisk all ingredients together in a bowl until well combined.
- Add icing sugar/milk to get the desired consistency.
- When doughnuts are cool, dip the bottoms in the glaze and cover in sprinkles.
Roopa sometimes makes poor choices with respect to colour…