It’s been a while since I initially tried this recipe for spinach muffins, so I decided to give them another shot!
As I mentioned in my last post, these muffins make a great snack or quick breakfast in the morning. I used a jumbo muffin pan, so one muffin was the perfect amount of food.
I found the first time that they didn’t rise very much, so I actually filled my muffin pans to just below the brim rather than the standard 2/3 full. Perfect! I also made a couple minor changes to the ingredients. I’m not sure how much of a difference it actually made considering I made a few mistakes last time around, but I think they turned out really well 🙂
Sweet Spinach Muffins
Adapted from Super Healthy Kids
- 2 cup (250 g) all-purpose
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 can (300 mL) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 large banana
- 6 ounce spinach
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 F and prepare your muffin pan.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the dry ingredients. Set aside.
- Put all of the wet ingredients in a blender/food processor, and puree until smooth.
- Pour the puree into the dry ingredient bowl and fold until just combined.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin pan until almost full, and bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool before serving.