Frangipane is basically a sweet almond cream that gets baked into things. We didn’t actually make this in pastry class, but we did fill some brioche dough with it and it was thoroughly delicious. It was also “home-made” (at the home of a professional pastry chef) so that presumably added to the flavour.
- 222 g softened butter
- 132 g granulated sugar
- 222 g almond paste
- 225 g eggs (~4.5 eggs)
- pinch of nutmeg
- 7 g vanilla extract
- 1/2 lemon (zested)
- 70 g all purpose flour
- 1 g baking powder
- In a stand mixer with a paddle, cream the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy.
- Beat in the almond paste until well incorporated.
- Mix in the eggs one at a time.
- Add nutmeg, vanilla, and lemon zest.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour and baking soda.
- Add flour to butter mixture.