I kind of let my bananas go recently, so I was left with the options of either:
A) making banana bread
B) freezing them for future banana bread
My Vancouver freezer had ~35 frozen bananas and I never made banana bread, so clearly option B is not a good option for me. I tried out this new recipe from Sally’s Baking Addiction, and I think I’ll stick with it! It’s really moist from all of the sour cream, and all of my taste testers seemed to approve! The only thing I would want to add in the future is some sort of nut crumble on top.
BANANA BREAD (from Sally’s Baking Addiction)
*Note that I’ve made some adjustments to compensate for altitude
- 250 g flour (I used pastry flour)
- 1 tsp. baking soda (I used 3/4 tsp.)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 114 g (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 150 g brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 80 g sour cream (I used 100 g)
- 2 cups mashed bananas (4 large)
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- dark chocolate (one does not measure dark chocolate in banana bread)
- Line and grease a 9″ X 5″ loaf pan. Preheat oven to 350.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a mixer, cream the butter and sugar together.
- Add the eggs into the butter mixture one at a time, mixing well.
- Mix in the sour cream, bananas, and vanilla until well combined.
- Slowly mix in the flour and do not overmix.
- Stir in the chopped up chocolate.
- Bake for ~1 hour, or until a toothpick comes out clean.