I made these for my ‘cold dessert’ week for my baking challenge. It’s routinely been over 35C here, so the thought of a warm, chocolatey dessert was not particularly appealing. I settled on this recipe from Martha Stewart, and they turned out fantastic. I think the mint garnish really did add a lot. If you don’t have a mini cheesecake pan, I suggest just making a cake in a springform pan. These are kind of a pain without some sort of removal assistance.
KEY LIME MINI CHEESECAKES (original recipe here)
- 0.5 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 20 g granulated sugar
- 0.25 tsp. salt
- 35 g melted butter
- 1 x 226 g packages cream cheese
- 0.5 can sweetened condensed milk
- 40 g fresh key lime juice, + 1 tsp. zest (~8 – 10 key limes)
- 0.25 tsp. vanilla
- 60 g heavy cream
- Whisk together the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and salt. Mix in the melted butter, and press down evenly into each cheesecake cavity. Put pan in the freezer.
- Beat the cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk until fluffy. Mix in the lime juice, zest, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whip the heavy cream. Fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the cavities over the frozen crust, and smooth with an offset spatula. Freeze for at least 6 hours.
- Garnish with mint and lime slices.