The time period between finishing my last final (from winter semester) and starting spring term I was on the most ridiculous activity bender… mostly involving drinking. One of my more sober activities early on was thoroughly sifting through all things baking on Pinterest. I stumbled across a picture of sugar cookies filled with sprinkles, and I couldn’t resist making a version of my own! I love shortbread, so I decided it was the way to go.
While making the shortbread was a sober activity, it may or may not have been in preparation for an alcoholic one… Backyard fire time! There’s nothing like sitting around a fire with your friends during the evening. Summer, how I’ve missed you 🙂
To make cookies like these you could really use any recipe and just mix a container of sprinkles in, but this is the one I used.
Confetti Whipped Shortbread Cookies
1 cup butter, softened
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
½ cup confectioners’ sugar
~1 container of sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the butter, flour, and confectioners’ sugar. Beat on high until fluffy (original recipe says 10 minutes).
- Add desired amount of sprinkles, and mix on low until evenly distributed.
- Spoon ~ 1 inch balls of dough onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes, or until the edges are golden. Let cookies cool for ~ 5 minutes before removing them from the sheets.