These cookies are the same as the last batch I made (linked here), except I used mint Oreos and chocolate chips. I volunteered to make something for my mother to take into work, as it is one of the other lady’s last day tomorrow. These were really quick and turned out well the first time, so I decided I would make them again with a twist!
One thing that I have noticed with these cookies is that they do need the full 9 minutes in the oven, and are still very soft afterwards. That might vary between ovens, however.
Pro-Tip #4: Don’t.
(This actually broke my heart. No cookie deserves to die because Alana dropped onto wet cookie trays.)
Mint Chocolate Chip & Oreo Cookies
- ¼ cup softened butter
- 6 tbsps sugar
- 6 tbsps brown sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1 ¼ Cup flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 8 mint Oreos, cut into pieces
- ½ cup mint chocolate chips
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream the butter in the bowl of a stand mixer. Add the granulated and brown sugars, and blend well. Add egg and vanilla, mixing until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, add flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix or sift together.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until combined.
- Mix in Oreo bits, chocolate chips, and mint chocolate chips.
- Scoop ~1 inch balls of dough onto cookie sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 7-9 minutes. Let cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes before removing.