Roopa’s birthday just passed, so naturally treats were in order! She requested that I make one of our old favourite recipes, Eagle’s Magic Cookie Bars!
This recipe is super easy to follow, and absolutely delicious! Generally there are a few standard modifications that we make to the original. The recipe I used in this particular instance is here.
Magic Cookie Bars
- 2 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2/3 cups melted butter
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- ½ cup Skor bits
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees C, and grease a 9 x 13 pan.
- Combine the butter and cracker crumbs in a bowl. Spread crumb mixture evenly in the pan, and compress them down with the back of a spoon (or your hands).
- Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over the crumbs.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, pecans, and Skor bits over the sweetened condensed milk; press them in.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes, or until golden around the edges.
- Let cool before cutting to serve.