Despite living in different provinces, Alana and I seem to be on the same wavelength in regards to baking with mini eggs. She just made these mini egg cookies and I made cupcakes! I wanted to make them spring-like so I decided to go with a lemon icing.
EGGLESS VANILLA CUPCAKES (24 medium)
- 1-¾ cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 cup milk
- 3/8 cup oil
- 2 tbsp. apple sauce
- 2 tbsp. vanilla
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- Add apple cider vinegar to milk. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line cupcake tins with liners
- Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt
- Mix milk mixture, oil, apple sauce, and vanilla together.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients. Don’t overmix.
- Fill liners ~2/3 high. Bake for 12 – 18 minutes, depending on liner size.
- 120g unsalted butter, softened
- 1 heaping tsp. lemon zest
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 1.5 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- pinch of salt
- green food colouring
- Cream butter and lemon zest thoroughly.
- Add in icing sugar, and beat on medium speed until well mixed.
- Add lemon juice, salt, and food colouring, and beat until everything is well blended.
- Add milk or icing sugar as needed to get desired texture