FINALLY I’m done my community semester! This morning was my final, and I’ve been having a pretty good day since. A bunch of us went to Original Joe’s for drinks. Since then I’ve been rock climbing and baked cookies 🙂 AND I still plan on lounging in my hammock (yay beautiful weather!) then more drinks later. Over all it’s been a pretty good day!
I think I mentioned in my first post about these cookies that I thought the flavour was really excellent, but that I wanted them to have a more shortbread-esq texture. This recipe was really quick the first time, so I decided today would be a good day to tweak it. Need to get in that hammock time after all! Anyways, the texture definitely worked out the way I wanted it to, but the cookies lost some of the flavour they got from the brown sugar. May need a little bit more work…
Brown Sugar Shortbread Cookies II
- 1 ½ cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 ½ cups all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat butter and brown sugar on medium high until light and fluffy. Scrape the sides of the bowl once or twice with a spatula.
- Add in the egg yolk and vanilla. Continue to mix on medium high until well incorporated, scraping down the side of the bowl with your spatula.
- Add in flour and mix on medium until dough forms.
- Spoon* a rounded teaspoon of dough onto ungreased cookie sheets, or silicone baking mats. Cookies should be about 1 inch apart.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes (mine took 11 ½), or until golden around the edges.
Adapted from Pillsbury’s Best Cookie Cookbook