As mentioned in my last post (the Cheddar and White Caramelized Chocolate Scones), Theresa and baked a few different snacks for Stephen and his friends for his bachelor party. After the scones we decided to make banana bread.
The only unfortunate part about this banana bread is that Theresa and I didn’t get to try any of it! When I asked Ben, one of the guys, about how it was, he said that it was delicious! His comments were very in tune with some of the ones that were posted on allrecipes. The bread is very dense, but is really moist and has a lot of flavour. Jokes were promptly made stating that Ben ate ALL of the banana bread!
This is definitely a must-repeat, at the very least because I want to see what this recipe actually tastes like. Possibly also to add chocolate chips or walnuts… or BOTH.
Banana Banana Bread
Yields about 4 cups batter, or 1 loaf
Original recipe from allrecipes.com, by Shelley Albeluhn
- 2 cups (250 g) all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ cup butter
- ¾ cup (115 g) brown sugar, not packed
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/3 cups (4-5) mashed overripe bananas
- Prepare a 9×5 loaf pan with parchment paper and grease. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- In another bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar.
- Stir in eggs, mashed bananas, and vanilla into the butter mixture until well combined.
- Stir banana mixture into flour mixture until just combined. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 60-65 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out the centre of the loaf clean.
- Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes before turning it out onto a wire rack.
- Nom on banana bread 🙂