I’m back for the holidays and am attending my volleyball team party tonight! Technically, I’m not really on the team anymore since I live in Vancouver, but that’s irrelevant. I was feeling pretty lazy today, and all of my baking supplies have been hidden away somewhere, so I wanted to make something new, but still easy. I decided on these fun rice krispie bars from Bakers Royale. Easy, and I got to use my baking torch. Win win! I don’t feel too bad being kind of lazy since I’ll get to participate in wedding caking with Alana and Theresa next week!
My good camera is still in Vancouver 😦 But at least I found a Christmas spoon!
- 1.5 cups graham crumbs
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
RICE KRISPIE LAYER
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 300 g mini marshmallows
- 2 tbsp. cocoa
- 6 cups rice krispies
- 150 g semi sweet chocolate
- 150 g marshmallows
- Line a 9″ X 13″ pan with parchment paper.*
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Mix graham crumbs, granulated sugar, and salt in a bowl.
- Add melted butter to graham mixture until well coated, and press down into pan
- Bake graham crust for 7 – 10 minutes
- For rice krispie layer, melt butter, marshmallows, and cocoa on low heat
- When marshmallow mixture has melted, stir in rice krispies until well coated.
- Quickly melt the semi sweet chocolate and spread over the graham crust.**
- As soon as chocolate layer is spread, press rice krispie layer on top
- Add ~150 g of marshmallows on top of rice krispies, and torch until browned.***
* I added parchment paper just to cover the bottom since I didn’t want it to catch fire later. I also greased the pan after baking the graham crust.
** The chocolate layer helps the rice krispies adhere to the graham crust, so do this fairly quickly.
*** I estimate this to be about 150g, but I really just put enough marshmallows to cover the top layer.