I’m finally making things again! I have been on the road for the last two months (Toronto –> NYC –> Calgary –> Edmonton –> Winnipeg –> Italy –> France –> Germany –> Thailand) and have been doing more eating than baking. In Thailand, I was able to take a cooking class in between all of the Muay Thai training, and I learned how to make mango sticky rice.
It was my first experience with mango sticky rice, and it was delicious. I don’t know that anything I make again will compare – the coconuts and mangoes in Thailand are so fresh – but I certainly plan to try!
- 1 cup cooked sticky rice (or glutinous rice)
- ½ cup coconut milk
- ½ cup coconut cream
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1-2 pandanus leaves (or vanilla)
- 1 mango
- Warm coconut milk and coconut cream over low heat for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Stir in the sugar, salt, and pandanus leaves.
- Remove milk from heat, and pour over the sticky rice. Let the rice absorb the milk for at least 15-30 minutes.
- Serve with a sliced mango.