It was recently my co-worker David’s birthday, and he told me that he loves dark chocolate and marzipan. After looking through some rather elaborate recipes, I decided to stick to something simple and opted for these truffles from A Sweet Spoonful. I decided to make these the same day that I did my photoshoot with @diyonzigraphy so I got some sweet pictures at the end!
- 200 g almond meal
- 155 g icing sugar
- 2 tsp. almond extract
- 1 egg white
- Combine the almond meal and icing sugar with a whisk.
- Add in the almond extract and egg white and mix until it forms a dough that holds together. Add ½ tsp of water if needed. (I used my hands to knead together)
- When the marzipan comes together nicely, flatten into a disc, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 1 hour
- Form 1 tsp. size balls of marzipan.
- Melt dark chocolate and cover the bottoms of the molds.
- Put ball of marzipan in each mold and cover with more chocolate.
- Refrigerate until set.