A panna cotta is basically a thickened cream dessert. Apparently it used to be made with egg whites, but now it is typically made with gelatin. It is chilled rather than baked, so it really just depends on correct combining of ingredients.
VANILLA PANNA COTTA
- 6 g gelatin sheet
- 180 mL homo milk
- 200 mL whipping cream
- 65 g granulated sugar
- 2 coffee beans
- 1 pinch lemon zest
- Bloom the gelatin in cold water
- In a saucepan, combine the rest of the ingredients. Heat them over a low heat to give the flavours more time to infuse.
- Dissolve the gelatin in the liquid, strain, and fill the containers.
- Let the panna cotta set in the fridge.
- Overturn the panna cotta once it has set.
- 250 g strawberries
- 40 g fresh raspberries
- 20 g granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- Wash and halve the strawberries.
- Toss the strawberries, raspberries, sugar, and lemon juice in a metal bowl
- Cover the bowl, and place over a water bath for 3 hours.
- Strain in a cheesecloth overnight.