We talked specifically about oranges, but this applies for any other fruit as well.
- Cut the peel into nice quarters
- Blanch the orange peels by submerging them in boiling water for 20 – 30 seconds. This cleans the skin, and also opens the cells so they can absorb sugar
- Put the peels into a large vat of a 2:1 water:sugar mixture. You’ll want to start with a large amount as it will keep getting boiled down
- Bring the mixture to a boil, turn off the heat, and leave it overnight
- Repeat step 4 for 10-12 days
- Dip in chocolate??