Mint Chocolate Cupcakes
I recently discovered mint chocolate chips, and felt compelled to make something with them. I have never really loved mint extract, so I thought I’d see how this compared. I used half of this cupcake recipe, and made a basic buttercream with the mint chocolate chips.
MINT CHOCOLATE ICING
- ¼ cup (57 g) unsalted butter
- 1/3 heaping cup icing sugar
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- 50 g mint chocolate chips, melted
- pinch of salt
- Beat butter on a low-medium speed until fluffy.
- Add icing sugar until well combined, and then add vanilla and salt.
- Melt chocolate and add to icing. Mix at medium speed until well mixed.
The icing did harden quite a bit, so I think I’d add a tablespoon of milk next time. I definitely was a fan of the mint chocolate chips. My next project is to make cupcakes with them, rather than just icing.