One of my best friends Clara is visiting me! She requested something with cream cheese icing, because that’s her favourite thing that I’ve made. I thought I’d one up it by using mascarpone instead of cream cheese.
And then life happened.
I definitely left myself with far less time than I initially intended, and between work and volleyball and general tiredness, I totally ran out of time. I still wanted to make something mascarpone related, so I decided on these mascarpone brownies. I planned to get up at 6 and make them so I could get some other things done as well, and slept through my alarm for two hours. Oops. Thankfully, they were really quick and easy to make, and I had some leftover Nutella meringue icing to top them with.
My laziness worked out, as they loved the brownies. You can’t really taste the mascarpone, but the texture ends up being extremely moist.
- 225 g (1 cup) unsalted butter
- 90 g semisweet chocolate, chopped (I used Lindt)
- 200 g (1 cup) granulated sugar
- ½ cup mascarpone cheese
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- ½ tsp. salt
- 55 g (½ cup) cake flour
- 50 g (½ cup) cocoa, sifted
- Line an 8″ square pan with parchment paper and preheat oven to 325F.
- Melt butter over low heat in a pot. Once melted, add in chocolate and stir until melted.*
- Add sugar to mixture and mix until well combined. Remove from heat.
- Add mascarpone, eggs, vanilla, and salt, and mix until well combined.
- Sift in flour and cocoa and stir until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Pour mixture into pan and bake for ~50 minutes, rotating halfway through.