Some friends came over last night (now that I live by people!!) to have a baking date, and I wanted to do something a little different. I adapted these sweet and salty cookies from Sally’s Baking Addiction. They turned out quite well. I would definitely use a different style of chip next time though, since these weren’t quite salty enough. Overall, I did like the combination of chips into a cookie.
BUTTERSCOTCH POTATO CHIP COOKIES
- 2 cups + 2 tbsp. cake flour
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 170 g salted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- ½ cup crushed potato chips
- ¾ cup butterscotch chips
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Sift together dry ingredients in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer, cream butter and sugars. Add egg, yolk, and vanilla, and mix well.
- Gradually add in flour until just mixed. Don’t over mix.
- Fold in chips and butterscotch.
- Bake for 8 – 10 minutes until edges are slightly brown.**
** The original recipe called to chill the dough for at least half an hour. I was lazy and it was late so I skipped this.