I made this loaf for my friend Kara’s birthday – she said she liked lemon and blueberries, and I was way too lazy to make anything more than a loaf. I used a recipe from Half Baked Harvest since I thought the thyme was intriguing. Overall, it paired really nicely with the flavours in the loaf, but I would probably add a little more next time.
BLUEBERRY LEMON LOAF (adapted from here)
- 180 g (1.5 cups) pastry flour
- 1.5 tsp. baking powder *
- 0.5 tsp. salt
- 114 g (0.5 cups) butter
- 100 g (0.5 cups) granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp. lemon zest
- 120 g (0.5 cups) sour cream
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1.5 cups blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375 F and line a 9″ x 5″ loaf pan.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Cream the butter, sugar, and lemon zest in a large bowl.
- Add the sour cream and vanilla to the butter mixture and mix well.
- Add in the eggs one at a time and mix well.
- Mix the flour mixture into the butter mixture. Do not overmix.
- Fold 1.25 cups of blueberries into the batter, and pour into the loaf pan.
- Sprinkle the remaining blueberries on top of the loaf. Bake for ~55 minutes or until a toothpick comes out cleanly.
- I used 1.25 tsp. of baking powder to adjust for altitude
- I made a lemon juice + icing sugar glaze for the loaf, and added some chopped thyme on top