I recently signed up for the Sweetapolita Sprinkles of the Month Club, and the only downside is that I haven’t been able to keep up to all the sprinkles I’m getting! I decided that whatever I made today was going to be covered in sprinkles regardless of what it was. I was baking for a big chocolate fan, so I thought I’d make my favourite chocolate brownies with chocolate ganache (to allow for optimal sprinkle adherence).
CHOCOLATE EARL GREY BROWNIES (adapted from Sally’s Baking Addiction)
- 145 g unsalted butter
- 250 g (1.25 cups) granulated sugar
- 70 g cocoa
- 2 Earl Grey tea bags (I used Stash)
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 55 g (½ cup) cake flour
- Line an 8″ X 8″ pan with parchment paper, and preheat oven to 325F.
- At low heat, melt the butter on a stovetop. Once the butter has mostly melted, add in the sugar, cocoa, tea (from cutting open the tea bags), and salt.
- Mix thoroughly until well blended (it will be somewhat gritty). Let the mixture cool for a few minutes.
- Add in the vanilla and eggs, and mix well.
- Stir in the flour. Do not over mix.
- Pour batter into baking pan and even out with a spatula. Bake for 25 – 30 minutes. A toothpick should come out clean / with a few crumbs. *
- Allow brownies to cool and cut into squares.
- 120 mL whipping cream
- 125 g dark chocolate (I used Callebaut)
- Bring the whipping cream to a boil
- Remove cream from heat and pour into chocolate. Whisk until smooth.
- Let ganache cool until it reaches the desired texture.